Are you still interested in attending the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia July 24-29, 2016? There are several At-large and Pledged Leader/Elected Official (PLEO) delegate appointments to be made yet.
Last week, more than 1.2 million Democrats turned out to vote in the Ohio Primary. We congratulate Secretary Clinton and her supporters on her Buckeye State victory, and we congratulate Senator Sanders and his supporters on a spirited and hard-fought campaign. It’s been great to see our candidates engage in a substantive debate about how to help Ohio’s and America’s families move ahead, as opposed to the ugly and polarizing food fight that’s played out in the GOP Primary.
Now, as we look forward to one of the most important elections of our lifetimes, the Ohio Democratic Party, in conjunction with the Presidential campaigns, will finalize the process of selecting delegates to represent Secretary Clinton and Senator Sanders at the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia (July 24-29).
While the majority of those delegates were determined by the Caucus process in January, a handful of appointments remain to be made for the remainder of those delegate positions. Needless to say, these several dozen delegates will be selected from hundreds (or more) of highly qualified Democrats, but we encourage any Democrat who is interested to apply.
There are two types of delegate positions to be appointed: At-large delegates, and PLEO (Pledged Leader/Elected Official) delegates.
If you are interested in becoming an At-large or Pledged Leader/Elected Official delegate, please read the following instructions carefully:
1. For at-large delegates: You must be a Democrat and be at least 18 years of age by Nov. 8.
2. For Pledged Leader/Elected Officials (PLEO): Individuals shall be eligible if they occupy any of the following positions: statewide elected officials; big-city mayors; state legislative leaders, state legislators, and other state, county, and local elected officials and party leaders.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Download and fill out an AT-LARGE & PLEO DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY FORM.
2. Choose one candidate for President whom you wish to support as a delegate (required).
3. Submit your forms by email, fax, U.S. mail, or hand deliver to the Ohio Democratic Party by no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, May 6.
1. Incomplete forms, or forms received after 5 p.m. on May 6, cannot be accepted.
2. The complete Ohio Democratic Party Delegate Selection Plan can be found here.
3. All delegate expenses, including but not limited to travel and accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the delegate.
If you are selected, you will receive additional instructions later in the coming months on Convention procedures and activities, in addition to travel and hotel information.
If you have any questions, please contact Delegate Coordinator Bill DeMora at614.221.6563 x1214 or 614.207.3951, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you as we plan for the Ohio Delegation.
Thank you and good luck!
Chairman, Ohio Democratic Party