The Ohio Ballot Board is meeting on Thursday, August 24, to determine the final ballot language for An Act to Control and Regulate Adult Use Cannabis. In addition, the Ballot Board members – consisting of Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose, two other Republicans and two Democratic members, will be assigning the issue number for the ballot. As a state issue, it will be either Issue 1 or Issue 2. This page will be updated with additional information once the Ballot Board meets. Know Your Issues!
The Act would enact Chapter 3780 (“Chapter”) of the Ohio Revised Code regarding adult use cannabis control to authorize and regulate the cultivation, processing, sale, purchase, possession, home grow, and use of adult use cannabis by adults at least twenty-one years of age (“adult use consumers”).
- Summary and Full Text (PDF)
- Ballot Board Certification Letter August 30, 2021 (PDF)
- Attorney General Certification Letter September 3, 2021 (PDF)
- Unique Supplemental Petition Form January 3, 2022 (PDF)
- Unique Supplemental Petition Form July 25, 2023 (PDF)
- Ohio recreational marijuana issue to go before voters in November | The Dispatch | Haley BeMiller Cincinnati Enguirer | 8.16.2023
- See who is opposing the effort to legalize marijuana in Ohio | The Dispatch | Jessie Balmert
Cincinnati Enquirer | 8.15.2023
For important information about voting concerning
the November 7, 2023 – General Election,
please visit here.