Are you interested in becoming a delegate to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia? The 2016 Presidential Election is rapidly approaching – beginning with the Statewide Caucuses on January 5, 2016. Information is intended to provide you with some IMPORTANT information if you are interested in becoming a delegate to the DNC, which will be held July 25-29, 2016, in Philadelphia.
Please read the following instructions/guidelines closely.
To run for DISTRICT LEVEL DELEGATE and to be eligible to participate in the caucus, you must be
- a registered voter
- a registered Democrat
- at least 18 years of age by November 8, 2016
HOW TO RUN:
- You MUST choose one (1) candidate for President whom you wish to run for delegate to support.
- To be eligible, forms are due by email, fax, U.S. mail or hand delivery to the Ohio Democratic Party by no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday, December 26, 2015. Incomplete forms or forms received after this date cannot be accepted.
- Via mail: Ohio Democratic Party, 340 E. Fulton St., Columbus, OH 43215
- Via fax: 614.221.0721
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attend the CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT CAUCUS in your Congressional District of voting residence.
- Caucuses will be held on January 5, 2016. Doors open at 6 p.m. The caucuses begin promptly at 7 p.m.
- Caucus locations (TBD) will be announced once finalized.
If you are elected, you will receive additional instructions later in the year on Convention procedures and activities, in addition to travel and hotel information.**
We look forward to working with you as we plan for the Ohio Delegation.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill DeMora at614.221.6563 x1214 or email@example.com.
Thank you and good luck!
Ohio Democratic Party
- *The complete Ohio Democratic Party Delegate Selection Plan can be found here.
- **All delegate expenses, including but not limited to, travel and accommodations, are the sole responsibility of the delegate.