Today, the John Patrick Carney campaign for Ohio Auditor of State announced that it pulled in more than $328,000 since January 31, bringing the campaign total to nearly $1 million to elect John Patrick Carney. The campaign also reports it has more than $736,000 cash on hand. In response, campaign manager Brendan Kelley released the following statement:
“Carney has been traveling the state to talk about the need to strengthen our communities and watch out for the tax dollars of every Ohioan. I see support for John Patrick Carney growing every day, with every trip. The proof is in the numbers. We have raised nearly a million dollars already. We are hitting our targets and are well-positioned to win in November.”
- John Patrick Carney outraised Republican incumbent Auditor Dave Yost in the past two filing periods.
- In the last annual report released on January 31, Carney outraised Yost by more than $35,000.
- During this filing period, Carney outraised Yost for the 3rd time.
- More than 90% of contributions to John Patrick Carney’s campaign came from Ohioans.
- 62% were small dollar contributions of $100 or less.
- At this point in the auditor’s race four years ago, candidate Dave Yost reported raising a mere $102,142.25.