COLUMBUS– Today, the John Patrick Carney campaign for Ohio Auditor of State announced that it pulled in more than $206,000 since mid-June, with a cash on hand balance exceeding $943,000. This compares to about $169,000 raised by incumbent Auditor Dave Yost’s campaign, marking the fourth time Rep. Carney has outraised Auditor Yost.
In response, Campaign Manager Brendan Kelley released the following statement:
“The numbers we were able to report today show just how hard John Patrick Carney and the entire campaign are working to show Ohioans that John is on their side. Support is growing every day. The proof is in the numbers. We are ready to take on the final three months before Election Day and are well-positioned for victory.”
– John Patrick Carney outraised Republican incumbent Auditor Dave Yost in the crucial first three filing periods.
– During this filing period, Carney outraised Yost for a fourth time, meaning Carney has outraised the incumbent four out of five times.
– In the annual report released on April 24, Carney outraised Yost more than 2:1.
– More than 90% of contributions to John Patrick Carney’s campaign came from Ohioans.
– 60% were small dollar contributions of $100 or less.
– In total, Carney has raised more than three times the amount candidate Dave Yost raised at this time in the auditor’s race four years ago.