COLUMBUS– Thursday, the John Patrick Carney campaign for Ohio Auditor of State announced that it pulled in more than $115,000 in just one month, with a cash on hand balance exceeding $1 million. This compares to about $86,800 raised by incumbent Auditor Dave Yost’s campaign, marking the fifth time Rep. Carney has outraised Auditor Yost.
In response to the filing report that comes less than nine weeks before Election Day, Campaign Manager Brendan Kelley released the following statement:
“The campaign season is getting heated and the numbers we were able to report today show that John Patrick Carney is continuing on his path toward victory. We have outraised our opponent’s campaign five times out of six. We are hitting our targets and are well prepared to take on the final nine weeks before November 4th.”
– John Patrick Carney has outraised Republican incumbent Auditor Dave Yost five times out of the six filing periods.
– In the annual report released on April 24, Carney outraised Yost more than 2:1.
– More than 98% of contributions to John Patrick Carney’s campaign came from Ohioans.
– 68% were small dollar contributions of $100 or less.
– For the 2010 August monthly report Yost raised approximately $107,000