Candidates and their campaigns are announcing agreed upon debate schedules as the November 6th General Election is approaching. The Ohio Debate Commission, a nonpartisan group of media outlets, academic institutions and civic organization, has been instrumental in the negotiations between campaigns to schedule debates. The Ohio Debate Commission was formed early in 2018 to provide a framework for Ohio candidates to debate since candidates have been more unwilling to debate in recent years. Several other community organizations have partnered to host debates/forums. Videos will be posted as soon as available.
The Richard Cordray and Mike DeWine campaigns have announced three debates to be held over the next few weeks. Ticket information will be posted on the Ohio Debate Commission website: www.ohiodebatecommission.org.
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018 | 7:00pm | Daniel J. Curran Place on the University of Dayton River Campus, 300 College Park, Dayton 45469 – View debate here.
- Monday, October 1, 2018 | 7:00pm | Marietta College, 215 5th Street, Marietta 45750 – View debate here.
- Monday, October 8, 2018 | 7:00pm | Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland 44115 – View debate here.
Senator Sherrod Brown and challenger Representative Jim Renacci (R) have agreed to at least one debate. Ticket information will be posted on the Ohio Debate Commission website: www.ohiodebatecommission.org.
- Sunday, October 14, 2018 | 6:00pm | Westfield Insurance Studio at the Idea Center in Playhouse Square, Cleveland | Moderators: Ann Fisher/WOSU Public Radio, Columbus; Russ Mitchell, anchor WKYC TV, Cleveland. View debate here.
- Saturday, October 20, 2018 | 7:00pm-8:00pm | WOSU-TV on the Ohio State University campus in Columbus | Not open to public | View debate here. Watch live broadcast on live stream on WTOL or during a Facebook Live event on the WTOL Facebook page. For live updates and fact-checks from Team Sherrod, please visit: Debate.SherrodBrown.com.
- Friday, October 26, 2018 | Hall Auditorium at Miami University, Oxford. View debate here.
Zack Space (D) and Keith Faber (R)
Friday, October 19, 2018 | 12noon-1:00pm
Zane State College’s Advanced Science & Technology Center,
1426 Newark Road, Zanesville 43701
Moderator: Jeremy Pelzer/cleveland.com politics reporter
View debate here.
Steve Dettelbach (D) and Dave Yost (R)
Monday, October 22, 2018 | 12:00noon
City Club of Cleveland,850 Euclid Avenue, 2nd Floor, Cleveland 44114
View debate here.
Rob Richardson (D) and Robert Sprague (R)
Monday, October 29, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Winebrenner Seminary TLB Auditorium on the campus of The University of Findlay
950 N. Main Street, Findlay 45840
Co-sponsors: The Courier and WFIN