Ohio deserves leaders who will fight for the people, not the special interests. Richard Cordray and Betty Sutton have spent their lives in the service of the public, and they are ready to rock the status quo and create a level playing field for all of us.
Official Campaign Website: Cordray-Sutton
Connect with Rich on social media:
Connect with Betty on social media:
To make a contribution online:
To mail a contribution, please make check payable to:
- Cordray/Sutton Committee
P.O. Box 7910
Columbus, OH 43207
Facts on Gubernatorial Candidate Richard Cordray:
- AGE: 58
- HOMETOWN: Grove City, Franklin County
- EXPERIENCE: Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 2012-2017; Ohio Attorney General, 2009-2011; Ohio Treasurer, 2007-2009; Franklin County Treasurer; Solicitor General of Ohio; Ohio House, 1991-1992
- EDUCATION: B.A., Michigan State University; M.A., Brasenose College, Oxford; J.D., University of Chicago
- RUNNING MATE: Former U.S. Rep. Betty Sutton
Welcome to Team Cordray/Sutton! Both Rich and Betty have devoted their lives to fighting for everyday Ohioans and they have brought real results back to Ohio workers and families.
- President Obama and Senator Elizabeth Warren selected Rich Cordray as the first Director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. At CFPB, Rich fought every day to put the hard-earned money of workers and families back into their pockets, returning $12 billion directly to people who were cheated. He stood up to powerful special interests to protect regular people from scams and predatory actions by financial institutions.
- As Ohio’s Attorney General, Rich sued the banks and lenders who caused the foreclosure crisis and caused so many families to lose their homes. He took on the big banks that misled folks and caused Ohioans to lose their pension funds. And as our State Treasurer, Rich protected and safely managed the funds of the State of Ohio during the height of the Great Recession.
- As the first woman in Ohio history to serve as a legislator at the local, county, state and federal levels, Betty Sutton has fought for workers and families at every level of government. In Congress, her innovative work on the successful “Cash for Clunkers” program created or saved 60,000 auto industry jobs; her stop-loss legislation secured extra pay for our military members given additional tours of duty; and her leadership helped pass the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act.
- Richard Cordray and Betty Sutton announce joint Ohio gubernatorial ticket | Cleveland.com
- Ohio Democrats team up: Governor candidate Richard Cordray picks primary contender Betty Sutton as running mate | Cincinnati.com
- Sutton to be Cordray running mate in the Ohio’s governor’s race | 10tv.com
- Sutton to be Cordray running mate | APBreakingNews: Times-Herald News
- Sutton to be Cordray running mate in the Ohio’s governor’s race | WKYC
- Cordray picks former opponent as running mate | The Blade
- Cordray, Sutton to merge Ohio governor bids | Marietta Daily Journal