Candidates and their campaigns are announcing agreed upon debate schedules as the November 6th General Election is approaching. The Ohio Debate Commission, a nonpartisan group of media outlets, academic institutions and civic organization, has been instrumental in the negotiations between campaigns to schedule debates. The Ohio Debate Commission was formed early in 2018 to provide a framework for Ohio candidates to debate since candidates have been more unwilling to debate in recent years. Information regarding tickets for each event will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Down ticket candidate debates are currently being scheduled. As soon as debates are confirmed, the information will be posted. In addition, as soon as debate is available on YouTube, a link will be provided for you to watch at your convenience!
Senator Sherrod Brown and challenger Representative Jim Renacci (R) have agreed to at least one debate. Ticket information will be posted on the Ohio Debate Commission website: www.ohiodebatecommission.org.
- Sunday, October 14, 2018 | 6:00pm | Westfield Insurance Studio at the Idea Center in Playhouse Square, Cleveland | Moderators: Ann Fisher/WOSU Public Radio, Columbus; Russ Mitchell, anchor WKYC TV, Cleveland
- Negotiations are continuing to hold debates in Columbus and Cincinnati
The Richard Cordray and Mike DeWine campaigns announced they have reached an agreement to hold three campaign debates over the next few weeks as they campaign for the privilege to be Ohio’s next governor. Ticket information will be posted on the Ohio Debate Commission website: www.ohiodebatecommission.org. The debate schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, September 19, 2018 | 7:00pm | Daniel J. Curran Place on the University of Dayton River Campus, 300 College Park, Dayton 45469 – View debate here
- Monday, October 1, 2018 | 7:00pm | Marietta College, 215 5th Street, Marietta 45750
- Monday, October 8, 2018 | 7:00pm | Cleveland State University, 2121 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland 44115
Steve Dettelbach (D) and Dave Yost (R)
Monday, October 22 | 12:00 noon
City Club of Cleveland,850 Euclid Avenue, 2nd Floor, Cleveland 44114
This will likely be the only debate in the Cleveland area.
Please click on link to read more about the event and to purchase tickets ASAP: